Sunday, July 20, 2008

Children's Wardrobe Staples

With the kids getting ready to go back to school, there is a load of new expenses that have to be rolled into the August budget. School clothes, classroom supplies and lunch money to name a few. I am always on the look out for a good bargain and since my daughter is so picky, when I see something she likes, I snatch it up.

Now is the time to find winter things on SALE. If you live where it gets cold in early fall, aim for your child's current size. If it's warm through November, like we experience here in Oklahoma, buy a size up. Also think about good transitional clothing.

I always tell my parents to dress their child in layers. My classroom can go from freezing cold to boiling hot in the same day. I have no control over the thermostat, so the room temp can change on the whim of the teacher next door. Sweatshirts, light jackets and sweaters are great for this. Just make sure you have put their name inside on the label.

Here are a few items I found that are great for cooler weather and a bargain.

For toddlers : Deux par Deux Datcha Poncho
Machine washable
Available at www.cocotierkids.com

















For little and big girls: 100% Cotton Hooded Cardigan
Available at Lands' End













And my all time favorite hoodie
Available at GapKids


















~Beth www.mychicthings.com

1 comment:

  1. love that poncho! gap is also one of our favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Copyright 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.