Thursday, June 12, 2008

YOUR KID EATS WHAT?


As a first time Mom I felt the need to be perfect in every way for my daughter Chloe'. I chose to keep her Organic from day one and never to offer her sugary treats or processed foods of any kind. With many raised brows from family and friends I never wavered from this decision......UNTIL NOW.

Although she continues to eat quite healthy and does not like "sweets" I am having quite a bit of trouble getting her to try new foods as most of her veggies and fruits still come from a jar.

YES... I said it! My 2 1/2 year old still eats baby food! She will eat some types of table food which consists mostly of pastas,creamed potatoes, chicken, sauces and soup, but still prefers the baby food vegetables and fruits over the fresh. Although hard to admit, I feel my efforts have back fired and now need another way to entice her to eat her veggies fresh without them looking like mush. How I long for the day she will eat from the same skillet as I do.

Perfection is no longer and I search for that Happy place in fruit and veggie land where toddlers love their food. Does it really exist? I must believe that it does. Will she ever eat a raw carrot?

Stay tuned and find out next time on "Your Kid Eats What?"


3 comments:

  1. My 2 and 1/2 year old is a VERY picky eater. Actually she will be 3 in 2 weeks. And her name is Chloe, too. lol. But yeah, it's a fight to get her to eat veggies, or potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I know from experience that little ones go through stages. Both my son and daughter went on an all white diet when they were about 3 1/2 - only eating rice, noodles, soup, bread and cheese for while. They refused veggies and fruit. Now they eat raw carrots, spinach, salad, strawberries, etc. Just keep introducing it over an over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a picky kid and I'm still a picky adult. :) But I survived and am slowly trying new things.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Copyright 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.